Professional development and advancing your career
Practical and effective techniques to enhance your profile and develop your career
This full-day workshop will delve deep into all the practical skills required to develop as a high-performing executive assistant, position yourself as a key player within your organisation and industry, and lay the groundwork to advance your career even further.
Key learning objectives:
- Defining your career purpose and your drivers
- Matching your values to your organisation’s mission
- Benchmarking your role and responsibilities
- Creating professional awareness and growth “wheels” to clarify your journey
- Learning effective communication frameworks and tools
- Building professional capability through focused stakeholder engagement
- Managing your internal state
9.00 Mapping your journey and benchmarking your role
• What is your career purpose? What are your drivers? Where are you in your professional journey?
• What are your values and how do they show up each day in your work?
• Understanding the top five priority areas, responsibilities, and challenges across your executive assistant role
10.00 Professional Development Wheels – Simple tools to provide professional traction and momentum
• “Professional Awareness Wheel” - Taking stock & assessing your awareness across 8 quadrants
• “Professional Growth Wheel” - Making plans & assessing your growth priorities across 8 quadrants
• Mapping the gaps – Defining goals to strengthen your professional platform
11:00 Morning tea
11:30 Effective communication frameworks and tools
• Gain insight into the neuroscience behind our conversations
• Plan and execute conversations to avoid conflict and build trust
• The Conversational Dashboard® - Learn how to use this simple tool to gain insights into your emotions and the emotions of others in the workplace and their impact on behaviour
12:30 Networking Lunch
13:30 Building professional capability through focused stakeholder engagement
• Mapping internal, external, formal& informal stakeholders
• Developing your stakeholder management plan & professional network
• Defining and building your influence
• Understanding the intent and impact of your messages
3.00 Afternoon tea
3:30 Optimising your internal state
• Reading your personal signs of stress & burnout: knowing your triggers & responses
• Tools and resources to reduce stress & burnout: self-awareness, daily reflections and mentors
• Overcoming “imposter syndrome”, self-doubt, and other limiting beliefs
5.00 End of workshop
Leadership & Executive Coach, Founder & Managing Director
Strategic Options Consulting & Coaching
Penny is an experienced Leadership Coach and Consultant who draws her own unique experience in C-Suite roles, including ten years as a Chief Executive Officer. She coaches and advises leaders and executives across Government agencies, NGOs, Corporate and Business to navigate the complex challenges and demands of contemporary leadership.
Penny honours the uniqueness of each attendee and their context, bespeaking to their individual needs. Working from this framework, Penny acknowledges the unique traits, strengths, experience and challenges in each participant; maximising learning outcomes and facilitating growth for each attendee.